Sunday, September 21, 2008

Make Me Laugh

Because life is a wee bit stressful at the moment, with this move and everything, I've been searching for escape. Escape for me is, of course, reading. And what I would really like to read right now is something funny. Anyone care to save my sanity and make a suggestion?

My favourite funny books:

~ A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
~ Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
~Plan B by Anne Lamott
~ Grace (Eventually) by Anne Lamott
~ The Years With Ross by James Thurber
~ Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

3 comments:

Bybee said...

I like The Broke Diaries by Angela Nissel. Also, you can't go wrong with more Sedaris. Apply liberally.

Vintage Reading said...

Nancy Mitford's Love in a Cold Climate or The Pursuit of Love should relieve some stress! For contemporary bibliotherapy I like Adriana Trigiani's Big Stone Gap and Big Cherry Holler - the rest in the series are not so good. Hope it helps. Nicola

firstlinefiction said...

Thanks for the great suggestions! More books to add to my wish list.