Friday, October 10, 2008

I Didn't Win the Nobel - Again

Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clezio of France has been awarded this year's Nobel Prize for literature. Congratulations to him. I just did a quick search and it doesn't appear much of his work has been translated into English, a situation which will probably change now. I don't know where the last year has disappeared to. It feels like Doris Lessing was awarded the Nobel just a few months ago. At least it feels like that to me. Ms. Lessing might feel differently. I truly hope she accomplished more of the goals she set for herself a year ago than I did, since I vowed to finally read The Golden Notebook and haven't even cracked the binding yet. I'll get to it Doris, I swear I will.

2 comments:

Bybee said...

His high school counselor is probably shocked that he became an author at all, much less won the Nobel because that name almost doesn't fit on a book cover!
All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to seeing his work translated into English.

firstlinefiction said...

Ha! High school counselor's - now there's a topic. But I'm looking forward to seeing his work translated into English too.