Monday, June 9, 2008

Saturday at the Small Press Book Fair

On Saturday I was determined to go to the Small Press Book Fair, cold or no cold. So I loaded my tote bag up with Kleenex and headed downtown. And it was great. I got there about an hour after it opened and the room (it was held in the gym of a community centre) was buzzing with book lovers. I wandered around talking to people and reading cool stuff and wishing I had a lot more money than I did. I bought some zines and magazines, a cool patch with a bicycle on it (the wheels are shaped like hearts) and a t-shirt that says "I wanna be Wednesday Addams when I grow up". It was only five bucks and I thought it was such a deal, but then when I got home and looked at it more closely I saw that it actually said, "I wanna be Wednesday Addams when grow up". Spot the mistake? It's missing an "I". Oops! A typo on my chest. Makes for a change, they are usually in my manuscripts. I still like it and have been wearing it around. The rest of the weekend I tried to take it easy - always easier said than done - but I'm definitely feeling better now, in case you were worried.

No comments: