Friday, November 30, 2007

Good Mail Day

It was a good mail day because the new issue of Brick magazine arrived! I've been subscribing to Brick for so many years I've lost count of them. Never, ever does an issue disappoint me. My back issues are tucked away in nooks and crannies all over the apartment because I can't bear to part with even a single one. So far I've only had a chance to glance through the new issue but this is what has piqued my interset so far:

- an interview with Mavis Gallant

- an interview with Barbara Gowdy

- an essay on Doestoevsky by Orphan Pamuk

- an essay by John Berger

- something by Leon Rooke (now there's a man who is never boring)

- and my favourite Brick feature, Eat or Die by Jim Harrison.

Hopefully I get some time this weekend to curl up on the sofa with Brick. Check out more about the magazine here.

No comments: