Monday, November 26, 2007

Henry's Wives

I'm not much of a tv watcher, but lately I've gotten hooked on The Tudors. I like a good costume drama, although the actors in The Tudors often find themselves sans costume. But I thought this would be an appropriate time to take down The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser from the shelf and read it. To be truthful I pulled it from the bottom of a pile - my bookshelves are overflowing - but that just doesn't have as nice of a ring to it, does it? Anyway I bought it a couple of years ago at a used booksale and even though I've really wanted to read it, something else has always made it into my hands instead. I should make an effort to read more history.

Don't you love this rhyme to remember the fates of Henry's six wives:
Divorced, beheaded, died,
Divorced, beheaded, survived.

No comments: