Friday, January 25, 2008

Zine Talk

This caught my eye and looks interesting:

Sunday, February 3rd. 1:30pm
Please join us for a talk with long-time zinemaker and vegan foodie extraordinaire Siue Moffat at the Toronto Zine Library. Siue is best known for her self-published masterpiece of a cookbook Lickin' the Beaters, a self-published vegan dessert book which will soon be re-pressed by PM Books, an imprint of AK Press. Her second book- of vegan chocolate and candy recipies- is due out this spring on PM Books as well. In her talk, Siue will talk about her various projects involving punk rock, zines, food, and self-publishing. Snacks will be served!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!
A talk with Siue MoffatBrought to you by the Toronto Zine Library Collective,Toronto Zine Library at the TRANZAC 292 Brunswick Avenue, 2nd floor, Toronto.

I didn't even know there was a Toronto Zine Library. How cool is that? Last year I was experimenting with making handmade books and from there got interested in zines as well as altered books. I've not seen that many actually zines though. Guess I know where to go now, don't I?

1 comment:

Bybee said...

I read a cool book about zines a few years ago that featured several like Mystery Date and Thrift Score along with interviews with their creators. I must hunt it up and review it for my blog...