Thursday, December 6, 2007

Anne Boleyn

I'm still reading The Wives Of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser and I have to say, Anne Boleyn got screwed! She was no angel, but I think I may have liked knowing the feisty, sharp-tongued Anne. I'm really enjoying this book. I'm currently on page 290, Henry is looking for wife number four.

The final episode of The Tudors aired on Tuesday night here in Canada. I haven't watched it yet, I've got it on tape. I'm looking forward to watching it Saturday night. I read somewhere they are filming the second season of the Tudors now. Can't wait.

I've already mentioned my fondness for costume dramas, so I was excited to read on someone's blog the other day PBS is planning to air six Jane Austen mini series next year. WNED is the PBS station that broadcasts to this neck of the woods so I really, really hope they are planning on sending Jane to Canada. I'm already dreaming of Colin Firth as Mr Darcy. Wasn't he divine?

No comments: