Monday, December 24, 2007

New Yorker

I may not be a big fan of Xmas, but I do look forward to the New Yorker's fiction issue every December. This year I plan on keeping it close by to dip into during any spare solitary moments I manage to snatch between Xmas and New Year's.

I just finished reading Charming Billy by Alice McDermott and I have to say I was impressed. It was the first thing I've read by her and I'll be (hopefully) picking up more during the Boxing Week sales. (I may not like Xmas, but I do like Boxing Day for the sales!) I'd love to tell you all about Billy and the girl he loved and lost, but I have to get back into the kitchen. I've already baked two batches of cookies and a pie today but I'm not finished yet. I hope everyone has a great holiday and finds something wonderful to read!

No comments: