Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Best Kind of Mail

The books I ordered from AbeBooks arrived today! Yeah! I love it when there are books in the mailbox. I ordered This Real Night and Cousin Rosamund by Rebecca West after finishing The Fountain Overflows. The only thing is they are both withdrawn library books which was not specified in their descriptions. I'm not sure I would have ordered them had I known, but they are both in good condition and since they were only a dollar each I really can't complain. After I strip them of their weird library plastic wrappings I'll feel more kindly towards them, I'm sure.

I was excited to read last week in the tv listings that a local station (TVO for anyone here in Ontario) was going to be playing three Jane Austen dramas over the holidays. They started off with Northanger Abbey last Sunday night which I dutifully taped. Except I didn't get the ending which kind of ruins a movie experience, I find. I don't know whether the times in the listing were wrong or what. I know I set up my VCR properly because I double checked it, so it wasn't my fault (this time). All I know is this doesn't bode well for TVO and me. I'm still mad at them for cancelling Imprint - a great book show that ran for years. Come on TVO make me love you again - replay Northanger Abbey.

No comments: