Monday, April 14, 2008

Deal!

Saturday was a rainy, dreary day so I accompanied my love to one of his favourite bookstores, Hampstead House. It specializes in British stuff, non-fiction mostly. My guy is into aviation history so loves the place. I wasn't expecting to find anything for myself, was just along for the ride. But while browsing their small DVD section I spotted Pride and Prejudice starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. I loved this when I saw it on TV a few years ago. It was the deluxe 10th anniversary limited collector's edition, which meant it came with a book, The Making of Pride and Prejudice, packaged in a very nice green slipcase, and priced at only $14.95!! I was fairly dancing around the store. Then I spotted a copy of The Birds and other stories by Daphne du Maurier, a Virago edition too! I'm nuts for Virago now, I was late catching on to it but I'm in collector mode now. So, the rain now longer mattered, I was happy! And I've been fairly annoying ever since, swooning around the apartment, saying, "Oh, Mr. Darcy!" over and over.

No comments: